the parish of O.L. Vrouw built a patronage in Helmond-West. After a devastating fire, ’t Patronaat was completely rebuilt in 1930 in accordance with a design made by the Helmond-based architect Lambert de Vries. ’t Patronaat has served as a patronage, a school and a community center for almost a century.
a radical renovation turned the patronage into a community center by expanding the original building with side wings and an additional staircase. Since 2013, the building has been unoccupied and received the status of a national monument.
of the Helmond city council, plans have been made to renovate this beautiful building in order to restore the former glory of ‘t Patronaat. With the adage of “back to basics”, architecten|en|en has made a design that removes all the expansions and damage to the facade and brings the building back to its original state.
the Lambert de Vries’ “tool kit” and rebuilt all the missing elements in accordance with the old documents.
is contemporary and adjusted to the wishes of the new intended audience; creative artisan entrepreneurs that will bring new life to this characteristic building in the heart of Helmond-West.